Understanding Construction Mangement.
The problem of learning is that it is hard work and that which is being taught often slips out of the brain as fast as it enters in. This now need not to be the case when it comes to learning construction management.
So… How do we retain information?
Information is retained when it is understood and understanding is achieved when what we are being taught can ether be applied or can be associated and connected to what we have been apart of and witnessed.
Understanding and retention is also not gained when we cannot connect that which we are learning to a specific learning outcome and if we cannot locate or place that which we are being taught in the bigger picture, which for our candidates is to become or to be recognised as an authentic professional construction manager. If you did not know, a construction manager has to wear many hats!!!
Our management learning audio series is based on the learning outcomes of each Unit of a current level 6 management NVQ.
The ‘many hats’ of a construction manager include:
- Developing and maintaining working relations
- Allocating work and checking peoples performance
- Establishing and implementing site health and safety
- Evaluating and selecting work methods
- Monitoring project activities
- Controlling quality assurance
- Controlling progress
- Managing personal development
- Idetifying and enabling learning opportunities
- Identifying the work team
- Establishing, controlling and monitoring environmental and sustainability on site
- Preparing the site for site operations
- Ensuring wk activities and resources meet project requirements
- Identifying and allocation plant
- Organising and monitoring the use of materials
- Establishing and monitoring communication systems
- Establish dimensional control
- Controlling project quantities and costs
- Evaluate feedback information and recommend improvement
In our taught online course, we unpack all of the knowledge criteria (questions) contained in the level 6 construction management NVQ. The aim of our series is two fold:
- To enable NVQ candidates to complete their candidate statements having given understanding to what is being asked of them.
- To assist all construction management candidates on all courses by providing systematic knowledge Unit by Unit.
Our Podcasts can be played many times which is far better than attending a one off live lecture where the information is given once! To support our overall company learning outcome, which is assist in the construction of construction managers and construction supervisors, we have also created an online management and an online supervisors GAP training course.
Further to this training we also supply Management and Supervisory NVQ’s and for those candidates completing level 6 and & Management NVQ’s, a mentoring service to assist them in gaining full MCIOB status.
Please feel free to get in touch to discuss any of our services, we will be pleased to deal with your inquiry.
This is what we do!